Fall registration is now open for all students. Classes for the full Fall term and the Fall Mini I term begin Monday, Aug. 22.
- If you are a returning Snead State student, you do not need to consult an advisor prior to registration UNLESS you have changed your major or if you just have a question about classes.
- New students may receive assistance with the registration process by visiting the Arab Center on Main Street in Arab or the Student Success and Career Center on the Boaz campus. Both are open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- New students are encouraged to participate in Parson Days (new student orientation) to be prepared for classes this fall. If you missed Parson Days in July, you have two more opportunities to participate: Friday, Aug. 19, from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m., and Saturday, Aug. 20, from 8 a.m. until noon.
- If you would like to know how to find your classes on that first day, call and schedule a campus tour. One of our knowledge employees or student leaders will not only show you where to find your classes, they will also provide you with important information about parking areas, campus life, and more! You may contact one of our Student Recruiters to schedule a tour: Lindsey Beck at (256) 571-0612, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Michelle Machen at (256) 571-0611, email@example.com.
- Have you signed up for an online class, but you aren't familiar with Blackboard (Snead State's learning system)? Visit http://ondemand.blackboard.com/students.htm for a selection of tutorials that will take you step by step through the system, so you can be more comfortable with your online class.
- There are many ways for the College to contact students once they register for classes. Each student may be contacted by their instructor through the Blackboard system. Students are also given a student e-mail address through which they may receive correspondance from the College. The student e-mail address is separate from the Blackboard messaging system. It is important that you check both methods of communication several times during the week.
- Snead State also utilizes social media sites to communicate with students. Even if you don't have a profile on these sites, you can view Snead State's page for information. (While you may view the page, you will not be able to ask questions or comment unless you have a personal profile on these sites.) Follow Snead on twitter at www.twitter.com/sneadstatecc, or like our page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sneadstatecc.